Sunday, January 31, 2010

One Week In!

If I actually posted what has happened this whole week, this would end up being a really long and boring post so I think I'll break it up some.
On Friday the 22nd, Danny and his dad picked me up at my apartment at 5:45 am and we began our exciting journey to Europe! We flew to Houston and then waited for our flight to Amsterdam. On the flight to Amsterdam, Danny and I sat together and luckily we were in a section that just had two seats, so I didn't have to sit in a middle seat like I was so afraid of! I took some Tylenol PM and passed out for about four or five hours, looking real cute in my eye mask and slipper socks. So anyway, we got to Amsterdam and then took a bus to Maastricht, about 2.5 hours away. We stopped at a restaurant on the way, where pretty much everyone bought soup and bread and water, since we couldn't read anything and that looked relatively safe. I also experienced having to pay for the bathroom for the first time (50 euro cents). Once we got to Maastricht we ate dinner and then basically passed out at like 9. Oh, also, my roommate is Jenna, a girl from my sorority, and she is basically pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment